Click on the linked camera names below to be taken to the review (unlinked items are in process of being reviewed).
The following are the Fujifilm mirrorless cameras:
- X-A1 — Entry-level mirrorless camera (also read this review for X-M1)
- X-M1 — Entry-level mirrorless camera with a sensor difference
- X-E1 — EVF-only camera (first generation)
- X-Pro1 — slightly larger camera that has hybrid optical/EVF finder
- X-T1 — Fujifilm’s DSLR-like camera
- X-T2 — Update of Fujifilm’s DSLR-like camera
- X-T10 — A slightly reduced feature set and smaller version of the X-T1
Thom's note: The primary difference here is that the X-Pro1 (and now X-Pro2) is a somewhat bigger camera, but has the option of the viewfinder being either optical or electronic on demand. If you don't need an optical viewfinder, the X-E2, X-T1, and X-T10 are similar cameras in slightly smaller packages.
So What Would Thom Get?
The new 24mp sensors in the X-Pro2 and X-T2 will likely be rolled into the other models over time. The clear leading camera in the Fujifilm lineup is the flagship X-T2, which looks like and performs like a small DSLR. It’s Thom’s preferred X-series camera.