- CX lens format (Nikon 1)
- 21 elements in 14 groups, 2 aspherical, 3 ED, 1 High Refractive Index
- 9 to 77 degree angle of view
- 3-speed power zoom
- apertures from f/4.5 to f/16 at 10mm, 7-blade rounded diaphragm
- VR image stabilization
- 12" (0.3m) minimum focus at 10mm, 2.8' (0.85m) at 100mm, autofocus, internal focus
- 72mm filter size, HB-N102 lens hood included
- 3.7" x 3.0" (95 x 77mm) long and diameter (retracted)
- 16.2 ounces (515g)
- available in black
- Model number 3318, US$750 suggested retail price
Note: this lens may inhibit the use of the camera's tripod socket. You may need the TA-N100 tripod spacer to use some tripod mounts with this lens on the camera.
Thom's Mini Review: I find this lens awkward in practice. It's big and bulky on the small Nikon 1 bodies and seems to have been designed primarily for videographers that like to zoom (no zoom ring, only a power zoom rocker). Optically, it doesn't match the 30-110mm in the overlapping range. I'd personally rather carry the two-lens 10-30mm/30-110mm combination and change lenses than use the 10-100mm. But the new 10-100mm without power zoom has now made this even more obvious: if you want an all-in-one solution, that other 10-100mm is the one to purchase as it is smaller, handles better, and sharper than this one.
Support this site by purchasing from this advertiser: